Blog of Dar. Margeli - Email: dariointernet@gmail.com

My Email: dariointernet@gmail.com

Follow us:







to return to the main front page


Saturday, April 11, 2009

Installing a single video codec manually - registry instructions XP






 codec install registry single

Installing a single

Codec manually in Win XP


dariointernet.com

Summary: registry instructions...



When I left my life in California behind to come to live in Europe, I could not bring most of my belongings, because I was poor and had no help and the cost of shipping overseas was beyond my budget. Among the belongings was my collection of VHS tapes that had a heavy weight. Many were very special to me including really rare eye-RAN-iaan rangarang and concert videos and also very dear to me clips from MTV Latino from the early 90s. In order to save as many as possible, while still in California, I rushed to FRY's electronics and bought a video capture card by some garbage CRAP Taiwanies company called AverMedia. This was in autum 2003. I curse that day!!! I should have known not to buy Chinese or Taiwani's products.

So, in the few days I had left in California before my flight to Europe, I rushed to transfer as many precious videos to digital format.You know, a VCD does not occupy as much as a VHS and definitly does not weigh as much. Among the digitalized items em were rare concert videos by Mahasty , Haydeh , etc..

Recently I was trying to view the clips and realized that Windows Media Player wouldn't play it giving me codec error.

The codec used by AverMedia for the AverTV USB product prior to 2005 was a video codec called WJPG ... yes with a fucking W in front!! The W standing for another garbage Taiwanies company called Winbond .

Looking on the net I couldn't find the codec. They do list it but the links all lead to Aver's site.

At first their tech support didn't even know what WJPG was, then finally the very unhelpfull Product Manager at AVerMedia Information USA office, tells me:

Due to interlecutual property We dont offer a stand alone version of our Codec. Our codec is intergrated into our appliction and there is no way that we can provide you a source code, standalone, etc.

Oh really ?? . Then when you sell your shitty devices and cards you should put a big note on your boxes saying that you use a crap codec that no one else uses and that the CODEC will not be supported after two years. Somebody needs to report these assholes to the FDIC.

Anyway, with their tech suppost being of no help, I realized that one of my old laptops would play the videos fine therefore had the codec.

So I figured out what the .dll was for the WJPG codec. The only thing left was how to install the .dll in my newer laptops that run XP - SP2.

Here are the instructions on how to install a single codec using its .dll file on Windows XP :

First

First you must copy the .dll or .ax file in C:\WINDOWS\System32

Second

you must go to the registry Start > Run > type: REGEDIT

Then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

Note that it says Windows NT even though my system or yours might be XP - SP2. So yes, its Windows NT even for Windows XP.

Create an alphanumeric entry called: VIDC.WJPG or VICD. and the four digits of the codec you want to install.

Double click on it and enter for the value the name of the .dll, in my case: wb9967.dll

Third

Also in registry go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaResources\icm


There create a key (directory) called VICD.WJPG or VICD."the FourCC code of the codec you want to install"

Then once it has been created inside the directory create an alphanumeric value and call it Driver. Give it the value of the .dll or .ax file of the codec, in my case: wb9967.dll

Another alphanumeric key to create is Description with value Winbond JPEG[WJPG]

using programs like Avic AVI FourCC Changer v1.00 - www.inmatrix.com
you can see the FourCC of the video file and see exactly how the name of the codec appears in the file. I've noticed for example that if it appears as wjpg it might not work but if you change it to WJPG then it works.

Important: This is a legit site. I do not provide files. Do not ask for files Thanks

No comments:

Dario Margeli



to return to the main front page



free sms Send Free SMS Using Facebook  flv player

FLV Player

for Nokia N95
Summary: works for other Symbian and 3G mobile phones
 codec install registry single Installing a single

Codec manually in Win XP

registry instructions.

lista de singles mas vendidos en Espaa - Pincha en Read More o sobre el banner
 La Rochelle Ryan France air

La Rochelle France

Dario's 2008 Travel Pics

funky p_ersian recordings from 1970s

A big F in Math for Zapatero Spain_His_Housing_Measures

legendary_female_songwriter Mari Trini passed

Nooshinfar photo of Soli

Pooran 33 RPM Album LP Ahang Rooz

Gastroscopy Experience

Jazz Music in_the_Middle_East_in_the_1960s

Nokia Cell_Mobile Software to extract_from NBU backup

Homeless in Los Angeles

Nokia n95 video darkness problem_ad_for_Samsung_8MP_Pixon

Electrical_Bill_Changes_Spain_2009_Suit_Tie_Robbery

Rivista Italiana Ciao 2001 Marzo_1977_con_classifica_45giri

songwriter Parviz Maghsadi passed


to return to the main front page



Spain Music Chart May 1977

Caspian Tape Simin Ghanem

Aguaviva rare b-side

Las Grecas story

Turkish group in dutch Charts

Mobile K850i vs Nokia

Dual 521 Plattenspieler

lasic eye surgery experience

Javanan Magazine

Record Stores of the world

Viguen 45rpm Khaab

Lista Ventas España Sept 69



to return to the main front page