Blog of Dar. Margeli - Email: dariointernet@gmail.com

My Email: dariointernet@gmail.com

Follow us:







to return to the main front page


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

CERATI - Open Those Eyes Again - Some of my memories of Gustavo Cerati

Cerati - Open Those Eyes Again - Some of my memories of Gustavo Cerati

Gustavo Cerati

I've decided to put together this post in a hurry, given the horrendous news published today June 16 by Argentina's Clarin Newspaper trackback dariointernet.com regarding the health of Gustavo Cerati

Dear Genius Songwriter: I wish you wake up soon and will read this.

In 1993 I was living in California and Gustavo had just released an album called "Amor Amarillo". In the latino market there, Spanish Language rock music was still not mainstream and most latino stores concentrated mainly on ballads and Salsa music. Spanish language rock CD's would be released in small quantities and where hard to find.

Gustavo Cerati edicion ecuatoriana vinilo

So I went to the store and asked the girl behind the counter for Gustavo Cerati which she had never heard of. Then she asked what I wished she didn't: The title of the LP. A bit embarrassingly I said: "Amor Amarillo". She responded: "What weird names they put on their records these rockers!!?".

That album is magnificently weird. The sort of record that takes you on a journey to a world that is more fantastic and stress free than the actual reality. Gustavo was supposed to take readers questions in a Spanish Newspaper the week after his Caracas concert. I sent in my question: Did you know that many people get interested and eventually visit Argentina because of your music?.

More of my Cerati Memories:

I went to his October 2004 concert in Madrid. Thanks to a good friend, I was placed right on the first row just below Cerati. In this next video, you can see me in that concert. I was still wearing glasses then:






Heres a photo I took that night. Back then it was called Sala Arena .. now Heinekin.

madrid cerati 2004

Yes, he was looking at me. Something funny that happened was that he played a brand new song which he had not recorded yet and he introduced the song that way. When he finished playing the song, it occurred to me to shout: "Buena.."(i.e. good one). Given my luck, right that second everyone was silent so my voice was heard and he looked down at me with a smile, and i felt like an idiot. I don't think he has had a bad song since 1990.

madrid

Unique editions of Signos LP

Signos (1986) is one of the great albums of all times. There were some unique editions of that LP:

1. In my record buying life, one of the regrets I have is having passed on buying the "Spain" (España) editions of Signos by Soda Stereo. The LP was released on vinyl in Spain. Must have been in very few copies because in all these years of record-bin digging I've only seen it once. The Spain edition has the same cover and insert as the Argentinian with ONE BIG difference: The song "Cuando pase el temblor", from Soda's previous South American LP Nada Personal is added to the Spain vinyl (vinilo) edition of Signos.

2. There is a blue (Azul) vinyl edition of Signos released in Colombia with a CBS Columbia tag. See image:

signos soda stereo vinilo azul

No comments:

Dario Margeli



to return to the main front page



free sms Send Free SMS Using Facebook  flv player

FLV Player

for Nokia N95
Summary: works for other Symbian and 3G mobile phones
 codec install registry single Installing a single

Codec manually in Win XP

registry instructions.

lista de singles mas vendidos en Espaa - Pincha en Read More o sobre el banner
 La Rochelle Ryan France air

La Rochelle France

Dario's 2008 Travel Pics

funky p_ersian recordings from 1970s

A big F in Math for Zapatero Spain_His_Housing_Measures

legendary_female_songwriter Mari Trini passed

Nooshinfar photo of Soli

Pooran 33 RPM Album LP Ahang Rooz

Gastroscopy Experience

Jazz Music in_the_Middle_East_in_the_1960s

Nokia Cell_Mobile Software to extract_from NBU backup

Homeless in Los Angeles

Nokia n95 video darkness problem_ad_for_Samsung_8MP_Pixon

Electrical_Bill_Changes_Spain_2009_Suit_Tie_Robbery

Rivista Italiana Ciao 2001 Marzo_1977_con_classifica_45giri

songwriter Parviz Maghsadi passed


to return to the main front page



Spain Music Chart May 1977

Caspian Tape Simin Ghanem

Aguaviva rare b-side

Las Grecas story

Turkish group in dutch Charts

Mobile K850i vs Nokia

Dual 521 Plattenspieler

lasic eye surgery experience

Javanan Magazine

Record Stores of the world

Viguen 45rpm Khaab

Lista Ventas España Sept 69



to return to the main front page