Update number 3 on the progress of Atish Bezanesh (Bailatela)- End of July 2010
I post an update note here whenever there is some progress or delay with my first Farsi song, recording and release: آتیش بزنش (Bailatela).
Previous updates can be read in: previous post 1 and
Previous post 2 .
Today I recorded final versions of electric guitar on the recording. It was a headache, because one thing is to play guitar live, another thing is to do it for a studio recording. This is because in a studio recording your fingers cannot touch any other string as it must sound clean. This is something I had not thought of before.
It will not be until end of October 2010 before the recording becomes available. Here is the past and future scheduled work for the project:
Things done in the past:
- Decided the key to use for the song and the chord progressions.
- Gathered some material for the lyrics
- Wrote the song (End of May 2010)
- wrote solo electric guitar arrangement
- Quick raw demo
- Track setup and layout for definitive recording
- Percussion sounds chosen
- Electric bass guitar written and recorded.
- lead and rhythm electric guitar recorded.
Things still pending:
- synthesizer playing the notes of the lead vocals as a guide. week of July 26
- chord keyboards week of July 26
- fine tune drum programming. Add extra snare and drum roll sounds. week of July 26
- Apply effects on previously recorded guitar lines, etc. week of July 26
- Complete the layout of the recording, copy-pasting all parts. week of August 2
- Find studio for vocal recording. week of August 2
- Record vocals week of August 16
- Write and record solo synth arrangements around vocals. week of August 23
- Mix the recording. week of August 23
- Research location for video shooting week of August 30
- video ideas research week of August 30
- video story board week of August 30
- scout for a model week of September 6
- video recording week of September 13
- video editing week of September 20
- video / audio distribution and promotion research. week of September 27
- library of congress week of September 27
- graphics work week of October 4