funny things
Me an my coworkers were talkin over lunch... and It was cute to find out that several of us, get off the metro (subway / tube), several stations earlier than where we live, so that we can walk the streets and look at shop and store displays!
------------
I was traveling in Egypt, in Luxor. I was walking thru a non turisitic section of town and sat outdoors at a restaurant to eat!
Five minutes later, I get greeted by a tourist friend which I had met some days ago on the Nile!
She was walking on the non-tourist areas as well! Looking for a restaurant!
So we eat together at the Terrace!
------------
Today I went to cut my hair. While I was having my hair cut, people were talking about the long lines at the supermarket. One guy said that the long line is so that people buy more items by paying attention to the expensive stuff close to the register and buy expensive things they would have otherwise ignored.
However, my haircut person replied that when there is a long line, she actually buys less, because she starts looking at her cart and starts taking stuff out, which she realizes she really doesnt need. And if the long is really long, she'll just leave the cart abandoned there and just WALK STRAIGHT OUT!!
------------
At lunch at work, the guys in the group started talking about the World Cup. We were saying how we remembered exact details from the 1982 world cup!!
Then suddenly one of the girls in responded: Well I remember the clothing design models of Zara clothing stores from 5 years ago!!
So guys remember soccer, women remember designs and fashion!
---------
Hay que colocarse!!
( a co-worker explaining why he drinks so many coffees in the morning)
-----
Yesterday, I was watching the World Cup game between [size=4]Portugal and Holland[/size],
and it was so funny, because the game got violent and they were showing the repetition of this play by a portuguese player, and the spanish TV presenter was saying: That was Kung Fu!!!
You just saw the portuguese Jakie Chan in action!
------------
I was traveling in Egypt, in Luxor. I was walking thru a non turisitic section of town and sat outdoors at a restaurant to eat!
Five minutes later, I get greeted by a tourist friend which I had met some days ago on the Nile!
She was walking on the non-tourist areas as well! Looking for a restaurant!
So we eat together at the Terrace!
------------
Today I went to cut my hair. While I was having my hair cut, people were talking about the long lines at the supermarket. One guy said that the long line is so that people buy more items by paying attention to the expensive stuff close to the register and buy expensive things they would have otherwise ignored.
However, my haircut person replied that when there is a long line, she actually buys less, because she starts looking at her cart and starts taking stuff out, which she realizes she really doesnt need. And if the long is really long, she'll just leave the cart abandoned there and just WALK STRAIGHT OUT!!
------------
At lunch at work, the guys in the group started talking about the World Cup. We were saying how we remembered exact details from the 1982 world cup!!
Then suddenly one of the girls in responded: Well I remember the clothing design models of Zara clothing stores from 5 years ago!!
So guys remember soccer, women remember designs and fashion!
---------
Hay que colocarse!!
( a co-worker explaining why he drinks so many coffees in the morning)
-----
Yesterday, I was watching the World Cup game between [size=4]Portugal and Holland[/size],
and it was so funny, because the game got violent and they were showing the repetition of this play by a portuguese player, and the spanish TV presenter was saying: That was Kung Fu!!!
You just saw the portuguese Jakie Chan in action!
Comments